CAREERS AT BEAM AND BOARD
Furniture Maker Position: Immediate Opening
Beam and Board LLC, is a Reclaimed Lumber Company, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We repurpose wood from Wisconsin family structures and commercial buildings and use our creative team to produce beautiful custom furniture, flooring, walls, and various other items.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative, dependable, and dedicated individual in our furniture making shop. This position will give the right individual, who has a “Creative and Visionary Eye” an opportunity to produce custom orders and build and maintain showroom inventory. This individual should also have the understanding and knowledge to appreciate the imperfections of reclaimed lumber and trust in it’s ability to embellish and enhance these beautiful products.
- 5+ years experience in furniture/cabinet making
- Knowledge and safe operation of basic power tools-saws, planers, joiners, and routers that cut and shape components from our unique lumber
- Safety & experience with carpentry saws (chop saw, table saw, miter saw, band saw, etc.). Operate safely machines that cut, shape, assemble, and finish raw wood to make doors, flooring, walls, furniture, mantels, and other home/business accessories
- Finish products by sanding, staining, coat sealing, etc.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment with attention to detail and your surroundings
- Ability to read, interpret and work from sketches, drawings, blueprints, and oral or written instructions.
- Ability to receive orders, communicate orders, oversee jobs through successful completion. Self-motivated and team orientated.
- Follow all company safety procedures for all tasks performed
- Perform all tasks to company standards and specifications
- Other wood processing responsibilities as needed
- This is a production job; not a hobby.
- Valid WI driver’s license required
- Steel toe shoes required
- Ability to life 75+ pounds
- Ability to stand for 8 – 10 hours
- Hourly position
- Competitive wage Based on experience
- Qualifies for overtime
- Paid holidays if occur during work week
- No Health Benefits Offered at this time
Come join our team!
Resume MUST be submitted to Accounting2@BeamandBoard.com.